INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF QUALITY, ENVIROMENT AND SECURITY AT WORK
Adrem developed and implemented an Integrated Management System (IMS), to prove the capacity to develop products and to carry out services which constantly meet the requirements of its clients and to comply with the legal requirements and the industry regulations. Through the actual implementation of this Integrated Management System, Adrem intends to achieve constant improvement of its efficiency and to prevent the occurrence of non-compliances. The Integrated Management System complies with the SR EN ISO 9001:2008, SR EN ISO 14001:2005 and SR OHSAS 18001:2008 standards.
The general objective of the Quality Management System is meeting our clients’ requirements at the highest standards.
What is specific to the SR EN ISO 9001:2008 standard is that it promotes a process-based approach. An advantage of the process-based approach is that it ensures permanent control, both in terms of the connection between individual processes within the process system, and in terms of the mixture and interaction between them.
The general objective of the Environmental Management System is to control and mitigate any negative impact on the environment generated as a result of the activity conducted by the organization. ISO 14001 requires entities to determine environment-related aspects through an Initial Environmental Review, to establish objectives and targets and to draw up environmental management programs.
The specific objectives of the EMS are related to the need to observe the requirements of standards SR EN ISO 9001:2008, SR EN ISO 14001:2005 and OHSAS 18001,
and to respond accordingly to the legal provisions on quality and environmental protection which are in force in Romania.
ADREM places health and security at work in the centre of all of its decisions and business processes, as it believes that people are the most important investment in its companies.
The concern for the safety and health of its staff is one of Adrem’s fundamental characteristics, which will not be disregarded in favour of other business aspects. Moreover, the concern for health and safety at work is part of the business ethics of the companies and one of the factors contributing to excellent business results.
The processes of the Integrated Management System carried out in ADREM could be classified as follows:
- main processes (processes which create added value and through which products or services are delivered to clients)
- resource management processes
- metering, analysis and improvement processes,
- quality management processes, environmental management processes and occupational health and safety management processes, with general applicability
- environmental planning process
- operational control process
- preparation for emergency situations and environmental monitoring
- identification, evaluation and analysis of health-related aspects and occupational safety
- operational control of actions with a potential impact on occupational health and safety
- risk assessment, hazard identification and control, for the purpose of preventing accidents and illnesses